Sunday 29 June 2008

Billie Piper Gets Chance to Conquer America

Doctor Who star Billie Piper is getting the chance conquer America -- because top American actresses refuse to strip for TV.


US TV bosses have imported the actress' saucy Secret Diary Of A Call Girl series instead of opting for a remake.


They decided to stick with the former child star as high-class hooker Belle de Jour because America was "more puritanical" and Hollywood stars "weren't comfortable with nudity."


Diary is inspired by the story of the real Belle -- played by Piper -- a pseudonymous London call girl.


Billie, 25, recently said of her role in the show, "In the U.K., they've known me since I was a very young girl, and they feel like I've gone AWOL. I'm not the sweetheart anymore, and I've ruined their hopes and dreams.


"But, you know, acting is a selfish thing for me. I do what makes me feel inspired, what helps me progress as an actor. I don't do things to keep the general public content and peaceful."




See Also